Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Standard Edition - Version 10.2.0.3 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 23-May-2011
Known problems when using the DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT package:
1. The I_AUD1 index is dropped by catamgt.sql as part of the DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT installation.
2. The associated LOB and LOB INDEX segments for AUD$ are not moved from the SYSTEM tablespace when the AUD$ table is moved to another tablespace using the DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_AUDIT_TRAIL_LOCATION procedure.
3. Audit files are split and very small (1K) in size.
4. DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT does not update the adx_SID.txt file.
5. CLEAN_AUDIT_TRAIL doesn't delete from SYS.AUD$ and SYS.FGA_LOG$ tables.
6. Patch Bundle #23 and higher on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Windows drops index i_aud1 but Oracle keeps updating the aud$ table.
7. CLEAN_AUDIT_TRAIL does not work for AUDIT_TRAIL=OS with uppercase ORACLE_SID
8. Calling DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.INIT_CLEANUP results in ORA-1422
9. dbms_audit_mgmt.clean_audit_trail does not clean AUD$ after changing DBID.
10 . The OS Audit Trail Cleanup via DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT Hangs Intermittently In A Rac Database
11. Parameter Value Not Getting Updated dba_audit_mgmt_config_params
12. ORA-46267: Insufficient space in 'SYSAUX' tablespace, cannot complete operation
13. CKPT crashes instance in RAC during Audit Trail Cleanup
14. Cleanup for OS files currently opened.
15. Cleanup Fails fails for policy-managed database
16. DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT might not purge the audit trail when using LAST ARCHIVE TIMESTAMP
17. ORA-46250: Invalid value for argument 'AUDIT_TRAIL_TYPE'
18. DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT does not release the space occupied by LOB segment
19. ORA-01422 - Exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms