ORA-12505 After Listener Recreated Using NETCA On Windows Platform
(Doc ID 849375.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2009
Applies to:Oracle Net Services - Version: 10.2.0.1 to 126.96.36.199.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (64-bit Itanium)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (64-bit AMD64 and Intel EM64T)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (64-bit AMD64 and Intel EM64T)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit Itanium)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 (AMD64/EM64T)
- This is a MS Windows based RAC or Standalone configuration.
- The Windows Server is a part of MS Active Directory Domain.
- You have created and started a new listener using NETCA.
- The lsnrctl services <listener name> output shows that instances and handlers are register correctly.
- CRS_STAT shows that everything is online.
- Local connections without using the listener work fine.
- Connections from clients using the the listeners fail with errors like 12505.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document