VIP Resources Not Upgraded Correctly During Upgrade to 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Upgrading CRS 10g or 11gR1 to GRID 11gR2
- While running the script 'rootupgrade.sh' on the last node it reports the following error while attempting to start the nodeapps:
The CRS was successfully upgraded.
Successfully upgraded the Oracle Clusterware.
Oracle Clusterware operating version was successfully set to 22.214.171.124.0
/u01/app/11.2.0/grid/bin/srvctl start nodeapps -n racnode1 ... failed
/u01/app/11.2.0/grid/bin/srvctl start nodeapps -n racnode2 ... failed
- the VIP resources for all nodes show status OFFLINE
- when checking the public interfaces, it still shows the VIPs plumbed causing the start of the VIP resources to fail
- after manually removing (unplumbing) the VIPs from the public interfaces and starting the VIP resources, the VIPs potentially get plumbed to the incorrect interface
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms