SES Installation and Configuration Questions and Answers
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Secure Enterprise Search - Version 10.1.8.4 to 11.1.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Mar-2013***
As far as SES 220.127.116.11, all the Secure Enterprise Search Documentation 11g Release 2 (18.104.22.168) can be found at: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35215_01/index.htm
It includes the links to both the Release Notes, Administrator's Guide, Installation and Upgrade Guides, Administration API Guide and Java API Reference.
Also, you can check the Hot Topics and Resources at the following document on MOS:
Information Center: Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (Doc ID 1384866.2)
1. Can we install or post-installation-reconfigure SES to use a different database instance?
2. When the database is created during SES installation, can it be a RAC database? Or is it just a single instance database?
3. Is separation of the SES database from the SES middle tier supported?
4. Is it possible to separate binaries and data on two file systems?
5. Can we modify the SES database instance init.ora files and relocate the archive, udump, and cdump directories? Is this supported?
6. Is SES supported when installed on Network Attached Storage (NAS) ?
7. Is SES supported on Oracle VM?
8. Is SES supported on either a Solaris 10 container or LDom (Logical Domain) ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms