Getting 'Site Number- Select a valid value' when Choosing Site if Site is Used in Multiple OUs
(Doc ID 1054449.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1
When sites are used in multiple operating units the following error occurs when trying to add one of the sites in from the Site Number list of values in the Location Tab
'Site Number- Select a valid value.'
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Apps R12.1.1
2. Log into responsibility Oracle Installed Base Agent User
3. Query up an Instance
4. Click on the link to open the instance for update
5. Navigate to the Location Tab
6. Add party to the BillTo Location
7. Oracle validates the party and populates the Party number
8. Search for % in the Site Number LOV
9. Pop-up opens and shows the site twice (since this site is used in two Operating Units as 'Bill To')
10. Select one of the sites and try to save the record
11. Error shows up on the top of the screen 'Site Number- Select a valid value.'
Unable to save at this point
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document