Cannot Attach Numeric Value Sets with Precision to AHL Route Key Flex Field Segments
(Doc ID 1056514.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
'FLEX-VSET IDVSET DN RESTRICTED'
When attempting to revise a Route, the SEGMENTs of the System KFF (which are validated against numeric Value Sets with no Precision) are rounded (decimal part is removed). This is happening because the Value Sets with Precision are restricted to be attached to AHL Route KFF Segments.
When trying to attach a Value Set with a non-zero Precision to any of the AHL Route KFF Segments the following error occurs.
The Value Set (&VSET_NAME) on Segment (&SEG_NAME) cannot be used.
Value Sets that use 'Hidden ID columns' are restricted against this Flexfield. Standard Date, Standard DateTime, Time and Precision Number Value Sets use 'Hidden ID columns'.
1. Define a numeric Value Set with zero Precision and attach it to one of the Segments of the AHL Route KFF
2. When creating a Route, the application allows you to enter and save a decimal number (i.e. "12.34")
3. Complete the Route successfully and then attempt to create a revision on the Route
4. When opening the System field (AHL Route KFF) for modifying some values of the KFF, the "12.34" value becomes "12" (decimal part is removed).
5. Users cannot easily identify this error and can wrongly revise the Routes
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document