When Creating Instances Manually, Install Base Creates Duplicate Serial Numbers For The Same Item
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.0.6 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 15-Dec-2014***
Find that creating an Item Instance for an Item that is a Serial Controlled (and has Serial Uniqueness to "Within inventory model and items" and Generation to "User Defined") in Installed Base entering a quantity > 1, the application refreshes the web page and show a number of lines to enter the SN (equal to quantity entered). If you enter the same Serial Number into all lines, no error is received and multiple item instances are created in Install Base for the same item with the same Serial Number.
Expect Error: "Passed Serial Number (xxxxxxx) violates uniqueness with in Inventory items. Validation for unique serial number has failed."
1. Navigation: (R) Inventory > Setup > Organizations > Parameters
2. Select Revision, Lot, Serial and LPN tab
3. In Serial Control block set Uniqueness to "Within inventory model and items" and Generation to "User Defined"
4. Navigation: (R) Oracle Installed Base Agent user > Item Instances
5. Click "Create" button
6. Select a serial controlled Item and enter a quantity of 2
7. In the Instance Specific Attributes block enter the same serial number in both fields
8. Fill in remaining mandatory information and click "Apply"
9. Note that 2 Item Instances are created successfully
Error: "Passed Serial Number (xxxxxxx) violates uniqueness with in Inventory items. Validation for unique serial number has failed."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms