Getting 'Select a valid value' Error When Selecting Bill To or Shipped To Value in LOV
(Doc ID 1062850.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to select a Bill To or Ship To address for an existing item instance, the desired entry appears in the list of values, but when the change is saved, the follow error occurs:
Select a valid value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Item Instances using the Oracle Installed Base Agent User responsibility.
2. Search for an item instance.
3. Open the instance for update and then select the Location tab.
4. Select the Party Number from the list of values in the Bill To Location field. (In the user environment, the party number is different than the party number for the item instance).
5. Select the Site Number from the list of values.
6. Save the change. The error 'Select a valid value' appears just
beneath the Site Number.
7. Repeat for the Ship To Address. The same behavior occurs.
8. Access the old Install Base UI using the Oracle Installed Base User responsibility, a responsibility that uses the menu CSI_HTML_ROOT_MENU.
9. Open the Owner tab for the item instance. The Bill To and Ship To Address for the same item instance can be saved.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the seeded Oracle Installed Base Agent User responsibility.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document