Termination Date and Reason Code not Populated On Expired Lines When Line is Terminated for Full Credit
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1. [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:OKSAUDET.FMB - Service Contracts Authoring
Checked for relevancy 14-Oct-2013
Find that terminating a line in a contract with a termination date that is earlier than the end date of a subline
for that line, when a full credit is issued, the subline status does not change to Terminated and the trn_code is not populated.
This is the expected behavior for expired contract sublines after applying this patch:
- The subline status code will remain in Expired status.
- The trn_code will show the termination reason.
- The date_terminated will NOT show the termination date for the transaction
This change will allow users to run reports based on the termination reason, but also reflect the fact that the subline was indeed Expired before the transaction occurred.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a contract with these attributes:
- Contract and line have a start date of 01-JAN-2009 and an end date of 31-DEC-2009.
- At least one subline has an end date that is earlier than the current date, e.g., 30-JUN-2009.
2. Terminate the contract or contract line with a termination date that is later than 30-JUN-2009.
- Enable the full credit button to issue a full credit (or an override amount that is greater than the calculated amount).
- Complete the transaction.
- Run this query:
select UBT_AMOUNT, CREDIT_AMOUNT, SUPPRESSED_CREDIT, tax_amount
where cle_id = &subline_id
Note that the credit_amount is populated, thus demonstrating that the subline has in fact been terminated.
- Run this query:
select PRICE_NEGOTIATED, last_update_date, end_date, date_terminated, trn_code, sts_code
where id = &subline_id;;
The price_negotiated has been decremented by the amount of the credit for the subline, again demonstrating that the subline has in fact been terminated.
The date_terminated and trn_code are not updated to reflect that the subline was terminated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms