Locking Action When Deleting a QuickPay Error's: APP-PAY-07507 Unable to rollback Reversal
(Doc ID 1068315.6)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
When deleting the QuickPay, you encounter the error APP-7507. The error message indicates assignment action interlock rule failure. The full error message follows:
'APP-PAY-07507: Unable to rollback Reversal'
Cause: An assignment action level interlock rule has failed for the Assignment Number &ASG_NO. These are as follows: If the action was sequenced, there may be sequenced actions in the future, or an attempt was made to mark for retry an action when actions in the future were not marked for retry. If the action was not sequenced, the action may be locked by another non sequenced action via an interlock.
Action: Please check that no assignment action interlock rule is being violated."
The history button indicates you cannot mark the process for retry and that there has been post-run processing for the payroll.
In this example, navigating to the Assignment Process Results (Navigation is View > Assignment Process Results) you see 2 QuickPays are present for this employee. One QuickPay is unprocessed and the second QuickPay shows incomplete.
Steps to Reproduce:
- You complete a Reversal on a check cut for 19-FEB for an employee who lost their check.
- You complete Reversal, QuickPay, and Prepayments with a date earned of 12-FEB to replace the old / lost check.
- Use the current date as the paid date.
- The deductions are incorrect so you delete the QuickPay.
- Upon rolling back the Reversal so that you could try to use the Void functionality described in the manual for replacement of a lost check, you receive the error:
"APP-PAY-07507: Unable to rollback Reversal."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!