MULTIPLE EXPENDITURE LINES ARE CREATED FOR A SINGLE SN (WITH MULTIPLE 'PUT IN SERVICE' TRANSACTIONS)
(Doc ID 1069171.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Asset Tracking - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new Asset is received on a Purchase Order (PO) and Installed in Asset Tracking, put in Service, removed from Service, a change made (usually to the Owner) and then put back in Service, the transactions that process to Projects create double expenditure lines. This behavior only occurs when the Asset is brand new (first time it is installed).
1) Receive a single Asset line item on PO to a Project (with qty = 1)
2) Run PRC: Transaction Import (to create the initial Expenditure Line)
3) Install the OAT Asset
4) Put the OAT Asset In Service
5) Take the OAT Asset Out of Service
6) Move the OAT Asset
7) Put the OAT Asset back in Service
8) Run Create Accounting - Receiving for the original receipt transaction (make sure it is FINAL ACCOUNTED)
9) Run 'Interface in-Service Transactions to Oracle Projects'
10) Run 'PRC: Transaction Import'
11) View the expenditure lines for the Project. Note the net zero functionality reversed the original expenditure line TWICE and created TWO new expenditure lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!