Account is Not Updated When Changing The 'Ship To' Address In Repair Order
(Doc ID 1070032.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Addresses are automatically being created for a customer when they should not be because the account is not being updated when changing the 'Ship To' address.
The user can create a SR through the Service Request screen with 'Bill To'/'Ship To' accounts specified, and then create a Repair Order with default product transaction lines in Depot. If the user then changes the 'Bill To'/'Ship To' of another party, then submission of the line errors out with the following error:
The above error happens when profile option 'Service: Action For Missing Account/Account Site in Charges' has been set to 'Abort Submission of Charges'
If the user changes the 'Bill To'/'Ship To' in Depot Repair, it is expected that the account is set to null and submission of the line should not error out.
1. In this issue there are 3 customers. CustA, CustB and CustC. each has one address. AddrA, AddrB and AddrC.
2. CustA is the bill to address for both CustB and CustC -- so a relationship is defined for 'CustA and CustB' and 'CustA and CustC'.
(no direct relationship is created between B and C )
3. CustA logs a service request
'Bill To' custA ( AddrA) 'Ship To' CustB ( AddrB).
4. Create a Repair order (e.g. repair and return)
5. The return and ship logistics line default to:
Bill To CustA, Ship To CustB.
6. Manually change the Ship line, Ship To address to AddrC
7. Book the order.
*** Profile option 'Service: Action For Missing Account/Account Site in Charges' should be set to 'Abort Submission of Charges'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document