Update an Action for the First Objective Created in a Scorecard - Errors: ORA-20002: 3000: Invalid Value(s) Passed for Arguments
Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Performance Management - Version 12.0 HRMS RUP 7 to 12.1.2 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked For relevance on 01-FEB-2013***
This note provides a brief overview of
In Manager or Employee Self-Service, through All Actions Awaiting Your Attention, when attempting to update an action for the first objective created in a scorecard the following error occurs.
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20002: 3000: Invalid value(s) passed for arguments. ITEMTYPE=NULL ITEMKEY=NULL ANAME=PROCESS_NAME
ORA-06512: at "APPS.PQH_SS_WORKFLOW", line 1196
ORA-06512: at line 1
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in with a manager, make sure that this manager is participating in a PMP, and he has an employee who has sent him the scorecard earlier (and the scorecard was approved), or the scorecard is blank, and no action was taken on it yet.
- Choose Manager Self Service and Performance Management. Click on the Go to task icon of the Cascade or set objectives task for your Performance Management Plan (PMP).
- Choose the employee, and click on the Action icon.
- Click on the Create Objective button. Enter the objective details, then click on Apply.
- Click on Home. Choose the All Actions Awaiting Your Attention function.
- There is a new Action created in the table. The subject is a number, and it is not clickable. The Update and the Delete icons are enabled. If you click on Update, you get an unexpected error page . If you click on Delete, then after confirmation, the action is deleted.
- Go back to the Performance Management homepage, and Transfer the scorecard to the employee. Log out.
- Log in as the Employee. Use Employee Self Service, Performance Management.
- Click on the Go to task icon for the Set objectives task. Create a new objective, click on Apply, then click on home.
- Choose the All Actions Awaiting Your Attention function. A new action is created, the subject is a non clickable number, the Update and the Delete icons are enabled. Do not click any of them!
- Click on Home again, and navigate to Performance Management. Create a second objective for the employee, then click on Home, and go to All Actions Awaiting Your Attention.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms