'Invalid payment method id' Error if Credit Card Processing Enabled in Order Management, but not Service Contracts
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 22-Apr-2013***
Credit card payment is enabled in Order Management, but disabled in Service Contracts.
When a contract whose source is Order Management is terminated, the transaction fails
in Receivables with the error:
Invalid payment method id (RECEIPT_METHOD_ID)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set these profile values to disable Credit Card Processing in Service Contracts and enable it in
OM: Payment method for Credit Card Transactions = Credit Card
OKS: Payment Method for AR Interface = null
2. Create a sales order for a service. Open the Services tab for the order line and set the Service
Reference Type to Customer Product and then link this service to an existing customer product.
3. Book the order.
4. Run Workflow Background Process for OM Order Line to close the line.
5. Run Order Capture Integration from the Service Contracts responsibility to create the contract.
6. Use the Reprocess Order form. Search for the order number. When the entry is returned,
the contract number will be displayed.
7. Run Autoinvoice for the sales order to generate the invoice.
8. Search for the contract in the Contracts Launchpad. Terminate the contract effective on the
9. Run Main Billing to generate the credit entry.
10. Run AutoInvoice. The error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms