Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.2.6 [Release 11.5 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-Jul-2017***
There are records in CSI_II_RELATIONSHIPS table which have the same object_id and subject_id values. These records are causing an infinite loop/dead lock when the item instance gets returned via an RMA.
The dead lock relationship is created through following steps:
1. WIP assembly completion with two items A and B
2. Return component B to upgrade
3. Issue B to upgrade job and complete it as C
4. Ship out C back to customer to replace original B, so user enters the following transaction detail
Non Source parent_instance_id = A, instance_id = B
5. This order line has no problem to interfacing with Install Base and the result of processing this order lines is:
B become a parent
C become a child
B has B as child
C is child of B
Both B and C are not under A
The solution outlined in this note is to prevent the indefinite loop in breaking relationship procedure. Because this issue can cause a very serious problem. When B is returned the resulting indefinite loop can stop the SFM Event Manager Queue Service (SFM), crash memory, or cause a time out of dequeue and even cause lost data. An automatic loop breaking procedure is needed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms