Updating Some Service Request Header Information Breaks Keyword Search Functionality
(Doc ID 1078643.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.0 to 12.2 [Release 12 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Updating a basic field (unrelated to search) in Service Request the Indexing seems to alter and former searchable items become unsearchable. Example below features a status change which alters a Search on the Summary Text field.
Expect index to stay in tact after the Status Update
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. A SR is created. Created SR with the description 'Test Text String'
2. Go to Find SR Page and do immediate search on 'Test Text String' -- No Data Found
3. Run Synchronize SR index process runs and indexes the SR for searching.
4. Go to Find SR Page and do immediate search on 'Test Text String'-- Found SR 26610
Per this the functionality customer notes would be possible:
- After this point, any of our agents will be able to search this SR based on the summary text without any issue.
5. Next I update the status on the SR ( from "Open" to "Working") and saved the record.
6. Try search again from Find SR form searching on Select Comfort
- After this point, we get a 'no data found' error while attempting to search this SR based on the summary text.
7. Run: "Synchronize Service Request Index" again
8. Same search can search the same SR successfully.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document