R12:Flexfield Security With FSG Content Set Having PE and PT
(Doc ID 1084487.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.1 to 12.1 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Oracle Report Manager - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.1 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An FSG that uses a Content Set with one segment having PE display type and another with PT is not displayed properly in Report Manager when viewed with a responsibility having security rules assigned to it.
Steps to recreate:
1. Define Content Set with PE display type for Division, then PT for Cost Center. All other segments have 'N' display type.
2. Define security rule:
3. Assign to a responsibility. So now only the value 100 for Division should be viewable.
4. Submit the FSG via Report Manager
5. Use Flexfield Security on the Division segment
6. View the published output using the responsibility that has the security rule assigned to it.
7. It appears the security rule is applied to the Cost Center segment, not the Division segment. Expansion value shows both division and cost center values had security applied, not division as expected.
This works as expected if the content set is defined with PE for Division and all other segments have N.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document