Why Does The WIP Value Summary Resources Not Match Actual WIP Distributions
(Doc ID 1086614.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.0.4 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
From the WIP Valuation summary, you can see that
1. The resource variance amount is -68.99
2. The overhead variance amount is -33.48
3. The material variance amount is 0
From the WIP Distributions, you can see that
1. The posting to resource variance account (1750-122-3998-52235000-000-0000-000) is -98.99
2. The posting to overhead variance account (1750-122-3998-52243000-000-0000-000) is -93.48
3. The posting to material variance account (1750-122-3998-52211010-000-0000-000) is 90
Looking at the WIP PERIOD BALANCE (wpb) table. Just looking at the resource, But the same can be seen for the overhead and material as well
PLRI (previous level resource In )
PLRO(previous level resource Out)
PLRV(previous level resource variance)
TLRI (This level resource In)
TLRO (this level resource Out)
TLRV (This level Resource Variance)
PLRI PLRO PLRV
30 0 30
TLRI TLRO TLRV
1.01 100 -98.99
This is where the -68.99 shows in the Value Summary
Why, if the resource variance amount is -68.99, the amount posted to the resource variance account should also be the same. But the amount posted is -98.99. The same defect exists for the overhead and material variance accounts as well. Why does the wip value summary show -68.99 but Distribution show -98.99 ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document