R12: Generic Data Fix (GDF) Patch for Payment Accounting is Wrong When There Is Discount
(Doc ID 1089119.1)
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2023
Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.12 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The accounting for payments with discount is incorrect.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into Oracle applications using a Payables responsibility.
- Open the Invoice Workbench
(N) Invoices > Entry > Invoice
- Create an Invoice, for example, an amount of $1000, with a discount amount of $30
- Pay the invoice (per the example, paid amount should be $970 with the discount)
- Account the Invoice and Payment (Create Accounting Process)
- The proration is incorrectly show as CASH = $940 (970-30), when it should be $970
- As a result, the liability is debited by the 940 instead of 970
- In addition, if draft accounting is run (instead of Final Accounting), the Accounting does not complete properly (the posted_flag remains 'N' in the payment history table)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.