How to Create Missing Warranty Contracts When the Start Date of the BOM was not Correct
(Doc ID 1091116.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following steps are followed.
1. Create a Serviceable Item
2. Create a Warranty Item
3. Create a Bill of Materials (BOM) to link these two items.
4. Create a Sales Order for the Serviceable Item
5. Book the order and confirm shipping
6. In Installed Base find the instance created for that item
7. Choose the Contracts link to check the Warranty.
The 'From Date' on the Date Effectivity tab on the BOM is 30-NOV-2009 for the Warranty Item.
For items that were shipped before 30-NOV-2009, the Installed Base records will be created. However, the instances do not get a Warranty Contract. What can be done to correct this?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document