Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.2 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 23-April-2013
The following steps are followed.
1. Create a serviceable item
2. Create a warranty item
3. Create a BOM to link these two items (OM resp. NAV Bills of Material/Bills/Bills)
4. Create a sales order for the serviceable item
5. Book order, confirm shipping
6. In installed base find the instance created for that item
7. Choose the contract link, to check the warranty.
The 'from date' under the date effectivity tab is 30-NOV-2009 in the BOM for the warranty item.
For items that were shipped before 30-NOV-2009, the install base records will be created manually.
But the instances do not get a warranty contract. What can be done to correct this?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms