Is There Any Validation to Prevent User from Cancelling Work Orders if Pending Resource Transactions Exist ?
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
At the time of work order cancellation (this applies to MR Deferral too), if there happen to be pending transactions against the work order, then the work order cancellation should raise an error to indicate that there are pending transactions (in case of deferral, this process will also have to error with the same message).
Once the transactions are processed by Cost Manager, user should be able to proceed with cancellation of the work order (for Deferral case, user should be able to re-submit the MR for deferral).
If technicians are logged into a work order, then that work order cannot be canceled until they have logged out of the work order.
Expect work order cancellation to raise an error to indicate that there are pending transactions.
1. (R) CMRO > Planning > Visit Work Package > Create a Visit
2. Add a task and Perform Push To Production (P2P) successfully.
3. (R) CMRO > Execution > Production Planning > Search for the Visit Workorder.
4. Click on the Resource transactions and enter a transaction and save.
6. (R) CMRO > Planning > VWP > Search for the same Visit and cancel the visit.
5. (R) From the EAM > Cost Manager > Resource Transactions, notice that the Resource transaction validation has errored out.
6. Further transactions have got stuck in pending status as the first Resource transaction validation has errored.
7. The application should prevent users from canceling WOs when pending transactions exist against the WOs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms