Freight Entered During Shipping Is Not Appearing Correctly In AR Invoice When Source Equals Intercompany With Calculate Price Flag = Calculate or Freeze
(Doc ID 1097745.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Calculate Price = Freeze
Calculate Price = Calculate
Calculate Price Flag = Yes
***Checked for relevance on 17-Dec-2013***
Calculate Price Flag = No
Internal Sales Order
On : 12.1.1 version, Finance & Accounting
Find that if the the Sales Order line Calculate Price Flag is changed from Freeze to Calculate for the Internal Sales Order (ISO) lines have more freight being added to the invoice than what is shown on the sales order (one from Inter Company and one from OM). Freight costs are entered at the time of shipping and converted to freight charges in Order Management.
Notice when Calculate Price = No, no lines are in AR, then if Calculate Price = Yes we get the line twice.
Expect ability to include freight on Inter Company invoice without duplicate records from Inter company and OM.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Purchasing
2. Navigate: Create Internal Requisition in OU 1, > Run Create Internal Orders concurrent program
3. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
4. Navigate: Change Org to OU 2 > Run Order Import
5. release Sales Order item to ship > Do Transact Move
6. In Delivery enter Freight Charge > ship confirm.
==>Correct freight is shown on the sales order (when Calculate price flag = Y)
7. Run Workflow Background Process
==> Incorrect freight appears in RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL (when calculate price flag = Y)
8. Responsibility: Inventory
9. Navigate: In same OU 2, run Create Intercompany AR Invoices
10. Responsibility: Receivables
11. Navigate: run Autoinvoice Master Program.
12. Notice AR invoice does not include freight entered at delivery. (when calculate price flag = N)
13. Do the same test case with If we manually update the SO line Calculate Price Flag =Y
(from Freeze to Calculate), we can get the freight charge to come over,
however it is sent over twice once from intrerco and secondly from OM.
==> Shipped lines and freight appear in RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL with 2 records for one line. (when calculate price flag = Y)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot include freight on Inter Company invoice without duplicate records from Inter company and OM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document