INVIDITM: Organization Item Form Does Not Honor Org Level Control For Primary Unit of Measure Attribute
(Doc ID 1115658.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:INVIDITM.FMB - Define Item Information
When applying an organization specific item template in the Organization Item form (INVIDITM), the item primary unit of measure (UOM) does not get updated according to the template, in spite of setting the attribute control to "Org Level" for the "Primary Unit of Measure" attribute. No error is raised but the Primary UOM is not updated meaning it is still the value set at the master item level.
More generally, the Primary UOM field is grayed out (is protected from update) even though the attribute is controlled at the Org Level.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate: Inventory > Setup > Items > Attribute Controls.
- Set "Controlled At" to "Org Level" for attribute 'Primary Unit of Measure' and save.
- Create an item template specific to one child organization.
Set Primary UOM=Dozen and save
- Navigate: Inventory > Items > Master Items.
- Create a master item with Primary UOM=Each and save.
- While still in the Master Items form, select the Tools > Organization Assignment menu option.
- Select the checkbox to assign the item to the child organization and save.
- Click the Org Attributes button and the Organization Item window appears.
- Notice that the Primary Unit of Measure is grayed out. You cannot modify it even though "Primary Unit of Measure" is controlled at Org Level per step 2.
- Apply the template you created.
- Notice that the Primary UOM is still Each where you would expect Dozen per the template.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!