Last updated on MAY 18, 2016
Applies to:Item Master - Version: 12.0.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:INVIDITM.FMB - Define Item Information
More generally, the Primary UOM field is grayed out (is protected from update) even though the attribute is controlled at the Org Level.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate: Inventory > Setup > Items > Attribute Controls.
- Set "Controlled At" to "Org Level" for attribute 'Primary Unit of Measure' and save.
- Create an item template specific to one child organization.
Set Primary UOM=Dozen and save
- Navigate: Inventory > Items > Master Items.
- Create a master item with Primary UOM=Each and save.
- While still in the Master Items form, select the Tools > Organization Assignment menu option.
- Select the checkbox to assign the item to the child organization and save.
- Click the Org Attributes button and the Organization Item window appears.
- Notice that the Primary Unit of Measure is grayed out. You cannot modify it even though "Primary Unit of Measure" is controlled at Org Level per step 2.
- Apply the template you created.
- Notice that the Primary UOM is still Each where you would expect Dozen per the template.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms