Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Service Contracts - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 05-APR-2013
- Ian Johnston, Oracle Principal Sales Consultant for the multiple line solution
- David Nakka of Interactive Data Corporation for the single line solution.
This note describes how to do a forms personalization on a multi-record block so that all the lines in the block are updated by the personalization. The example given is for the Service Contracts Terminate Contract Lines form, but the same principles can be applied to any similar form.
Note: Whilst the functionality to allow personalization is supported, specific personalizations such as this one are not supported by Oracle Support. This note is provided only as an example of a personalization to aid customers in developing their own solutions.
What personalization setup is required so that in the Service Contracts 'Terminate Contract Lines' form the following happens when the form is first opened:
- Suppress Credit checkbox is always ticked
- Suppress Credit checkbox is not user-updatable.
The form that is displayed for terminating multiple lines is different to that displayed to terminate a single line. For a single line there is no multi-record block, but the personalization for that form is also shown below for completeness.
Terminating Multiple Lines
Steps to reproduce:
1. (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Launchpad.
2. Select the Torch icon and search for an active contract which has more than one active contract line.
3. In the search results section, double click the required contract
- this will open a new form.
4. In the new form, in the tab select more than one contract line by clicking on each line with the Control key also pressed.
5. Right mouse click and select 'Terminate Line' from the pop up menu.
6. In the Terminate Contract Lines form that is displayed, enter the date and Reason and click Preview
- this will then display a new block on the form with one line per contract line
- on this form the Suppress Credit checkbox is unticked and is updateable by default as shown in the screenshot below:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms