ORA-20002 Sign Contract Failed Error In Service Contract Notification When Vacation Rule Exists
(Doc ID 1119053.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a vacation rule is created to auto-sign contracts the approval workflow fails and an error notification is generated with the following error.
ORA-20002 3133 Activity instance 'REVIEW_AND_APPROVE
Database operations Sign Contract failed
ORA-06519 active autonomous transaction detected and rolled back in Package OKC_CONTRACT_APPROVAL_PVT Procedure k_signed
The following error may also be seen in the system alert log:
ORA-00060:deadlock detected while waiting for resource in Package OKC_CONTRACT_APPROVAL_PVT Procedure k_signed
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Contract Administration> Administrator workbench
2. Click on the Vacation rules link
3. Click (B) 'Create rule'
4. Select 'Contract approval' from the Item Type LOV and click (B) Next
5. Click the 'Select' radio button and select 'Sign contract please' from the LOV
6. Click (B) Next
7. Select the 'Respond' radio button and add some text in the Note field
8. Click (B) Apply.
9. Go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Launchpad
10. Go through the steps to create a new service agreement contract.
11. Once the contract is created, go to the Administration tab and click (B) Submit
12. A notification will be generated with the following message:
"Data Base Operation Failed.
Contract Number: <contract number>
Contract Number Modifier:
Details: ORA-20002: 3133: Activity instance 'REVIEW_AND_APPROVE' is not a notified activity for item 'OKSKPRCS/<item id>'. in Package OKS_WF_K_PROCESS_PVT Procedure complete_activity
Database operation Sign Contract failed.
ORA-06519: active autonomous transaction detected and rolled back in Package OKC_CONTRACT_APPROVAL_PVT Procedure k_signed "
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document