FAQ: Safety Stock Calculations In Oracle Inventory
(Doc ID 1121513.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version: 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.3 - Release: 11.5.10 to 12.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document includes all version of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i and Release 12
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
Questions and Answers
1. How the Safety Stock is being calculated in the Oracle Inventory?
2. Why some of the items are not appearing in the Item List of Values (LOV) of the Safety Stock Form (INVDDFSS) ?
3. After running the program 'Reload Safety Stock' why there is an Extra Line with Zero Quantity as Safety Stock?
4. Is there any API or purge program to delete the safety stock records from MTL_SAFETY_STOCKS?
5. Is there any API/ Interface to update the Safety Stock in MTL_SAFETY_STOCKS?
6. Is there any way to upload the safety stock from Legacy system to Oracle EBS?
7. How can we get the Flex fields in the Safety Stock Form(INVDDFSS) ?
8. Sometimes, In Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD) Method, Why Safety Stock is being calculated as Zero?
9. How can we calculate the number of working days for a Bucket for Safety Stock Calculation?
10. How to calculate safety stock with the Inventory MAD method using Demantra forecast?
11. In Safety Stock User-Defined Percentage (UDP) Method, Is there any change in the calculation logic between 11.5.10 RUP4 and RUP6?