Party Field Cannot Be Entered In The Installation Details of a Sales Order Line
(Doc ID 1128713.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find when using the Transaction Details form CSITXDTL.fmx (Installation Details) from linked sales order line, when user navigates between fields such as the Party Name field and the IB Sub Type filed the Party information is deleted on the Source Tab and becomes greyed out. This then disallows access to Party Name field and the critical defaulting value originally available does not re-populate.
This causes the following error in the Transactions Error Processing form when the Sales Order ship line is processed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On a sales order line, go to Installation Details.
2. On the Source Transaction tab, Choose Transaction Type = Add On
3. On the Non-Source Transaction tab, enter the part number of the configuration that you are adding to (i.e. FX-TDM CONV). Tab over to enter a quantity of 1.
Enter the serial number of the configuration that you are adding to. Lastly, enter the instance number. Save this work.
4. Go back to the Source Transaction tab, and click on the Parties tab. There should be a reference here to the party source and accounts.
5. Click on the Replace/Upgrade tab, and in the Non-Source Transaction Line, choose "Component Of".
In the Inventory Item field, enter the part number of the configuration that you entered on the Non-Source Transaction tab above (FX-TDM CONV).
6. Then save your work.
7. Go back up to the source transaction tab and click in the transaction type field.
Alternate clicking between this field and the Party field and the Party name will clear out and the field will turn grey.
At this point the party source will no longer default in nor can the user re-enter the Party name.
8. If user now saves the values in the Installation Details and processes the Sales Order line to Install Base the Sales Order Issue transaction fails with error:
'In case of sub type where change_owner flag is "Y" ,the Party owner record has to be passed but it was not passed for the txn_line_detail_id (XXXXX)'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!