R11i: PO: Cannot Approve Or Cancel PO Because of Error Quantity Billed Is Greater Than Quantity Ordered When Using Encumbrance
(Doc ID 1137223.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:POXPOEPO.FMB - Enter Purchase Orders GUI
Checked for relevancy 11/18/2013
In an encumbrance enabled environment, when attempting to approve or cancel a PO shipment, user encounters multiple errors.
Scenario to reproduce the errors:
Use sample PO 112744:
- PO is approved
- Line 1 shipment 1 is received for quantity 72314.36
- Invoices are matched to the shipment for quantity 77889.05, more than the quantity received.
- The quantity on the line is now updated to 77889.05.
- PO status becomes "Requires Reapproval, Reserved"
- The line quantity is 77889.05. Shipment/dist qty is 72314.36. Billed quantity is 77889.05
- Shipment quantity is greyed out and cannot be changed.
When trying to unreserve the PO to alter the shipment quantity, or when trying to cancel the PO line from Purchase Order Summary form, user get the following error:
Line #1 Shipment #1 quantity billed (77889.05) is greater than quantity ordered (72314.36)
Line #1 Shipment #1 Distribution #1 quantity billed (77889.05) is greater than quantity ordered (72314.36)
When trying to approve PO, user get the following error:
Line #1 quantity (77889.05) does not match shipment quantity (72314.36)
When trying to reverse the matched invoices, the system does not allow for further action because the PO is in Requires Reapproval status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document