Instance Number Is Not Getting Merged Within The Same CMRO Work Order
(Doc ID 1141313.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1 and later
Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Instance number (for non-serial controlled items) are not being merged even though the same item in the same Work Order is already present. It is causing duplicate instances for same item within same work order on material issue.
Expecting only one item instance number within same work order material with one item.
Responsibility: Complex MRO Super User - Commercial Airlines (US)
1. Crate a item group consisting a non serial item (MBNonSrCtrTrk) and serial item (MBSrCtrTrk).
(Navigation - Configuration : Master Configuration > Alternate Parts)
2. Create a master configuration and create positions for the item group created in step 1
(Navigation - Configuration : Master Configuration > Overview)
3. Create products (item instances) for items for which item group was created.
(Navigation - Configuration : Unit Configuration > Create Product)
4. Create unit configuration based on the master configuration created in step 2. Specify instance created for serial item. Assign products created to the positions.
(Navigation - Configuration : Unit Configuration > Create From Master)
5. Create a visit, associated unit configuration created in step 4 with it. Add some unplanned requirements and push some tasks to be released. It will create work orders.
(Navigation - Planning : Visit Work Package > Visit)
1. Select responsibility "Complex MRO Super User" and Navigate to Execution : Production Planning -> Work Orders.
2. Search for work order by providing the visit number.
3. Select the work order and navigate to Update Work order UI by clicking the 'Go' button against the action drop down.
4. Select from action drop down "Perform Part Removal/Install" and click on 'Go' button.
5. A configuration is displayed. select the position created for non serial item.
6. Select condition = Active from LOV.
7. Select any value from reason LOV.
8. Select any value from Removal code LOV.
9. Click on button 'remove'.
10. Click on cancel. You will navigate back to Update Work Order Operations UI. Click on sidenav = work order materials.
11. Verify that the removed instance appears under workorder materials.
12. Next, to issue the material to the work order, click on tab "Material Transactions". Material Issue UI is displayed.
13. Enter the work order number and click on Go. Material Requirement for non serial item shows up in the search results.
13.1 If no material requiremt in visible here then first do misc receipt or that item by using misc transaction form and then go to work order update page, click on material link in the left hand side navigation bar. On Update Material Requirements page, all items available in inventory will be visible. Select the non srl item and click Apply. It will add requirement of this item to the work order.
14. Select the checkbox under 'select', enter 'issue quantity'. Click on "Issue" button. After material issue is successful, and the UI is redisplayed, you can see the "Issued Quantity" column updated with the qty just issued.
15. Navigate back to Production Planning -> Work orders.
Search for work order again. Select workorder and navigate to Update Work order by clicking the 'Go' button against the action drop down.
Click on sidenav - Work Order Materials. Same instance as in step 11 should have been updated with merged quanity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document