WebADI - Cannot Use Decimal In a DFF Cell Since Decimals Are Delimiters
(Doc ID 1144183.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Journal document in WebADI, the Descriptive Flexfield data is not displayed properly when double clicking into the Line DFF field.
Since all of the DFFs now need to be concatenated into one field with decimals as delimiters, there is an issue when one of the cells being concatenated contains a decimal. A backslash is used in front of the decimal which works fine until the Line DFF data is opened within the Web ADI spreadsheet. When double-clicking on the Line DFF column, it shifts everything after the decimal to the next line which then creates invalid data within the DFF fields.
Expect the DFF data to be displayed properly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Log into Oracle instance
2) Select Oracle Web ADI > Create Document
3) Use created shortcut with the following parameters:
Viewer: Excel 2003
Integrator: General Ledger - Journals
Layout: GL Journal With DFF
4) Click the Create Document button and open the WebADI spreadsheet.
5) Complete data on header. Copy rows from Excel spreadsheet into spreadsheet.
6) In the Line DFFs column, we concatenate all of necessary DFFs and use a decimal as a delimiter. To allow for the decimals between A.B.C. to be uploaded, we use a backslash for our escape sequence. If we upload the values without double-clicking on the field, it is successful. If we double-click on the field to bring up a pop-up form, the decimals are treated like delimiters and the remaining DFF values are pushed into the remaining fields.
7) Users are required to re-enter information in the correct fields.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document