Domain Copy Not Working As Expected With Sub Domains.
(Doc ID 1175783.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 6.1.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OTM version 6.1.1 when attempting to copy Parent and later Child Domains the Child Domain is not listed to be copied.
Expect to see child domain in the 'Copy From' list during hte copy steps.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to OTM .
2. Create Domain "COPYTEST".
3. Log out of DBA.ADMIN and log into the newly created COPYTEST.ADMIN
4. Create subdomain COPYTEST/SUB
NOTE: Parent Domain is "COPYTEST" and Child Domain is "SUB".
5. Log out of COPYTEST and re-log into DBA.ADMIN
6. In Domain Manager click on 'Add Domain' using the following:
Domain Name: COPYTEST2
Copy-From Domain: COPYTEST
7. Then click "Add Domain'. This will create a new Domain of COPYTEST2 based on the COPYTEST Domain.
8. Log out of DBA.ADMIN and log in as COPYTEST2.ADMIN and check "Domain Settings" to see if COPYTEST2/SUB domain was created as part of the copy, it was not created, only the Parent Domain of COYPTEST was copied.
9. As COPYTEST2.ADMIN, go to "Add Domain" and find that "Copy-From Domain" does not allow the choice of "COPYTEST/SUB" in order to copy the sub domain. The Child Domain is not listed to be copied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!