Shipment Rerating Fails Because Of Involved Party Qual Already Available. Error: Exception Cannot add the SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY record. SHIPMENT_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_QUAL_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_CONTACT_
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 6.1.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Client has 4 involved parties on an order which are then copied over to the shipment.
When client uses either ‘change service provider’ or ‘chose least cost’,
the following error occurs.
Error Exception Cannot add the SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY record. SHIPMENT_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_QUAL_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_CONTACT_GID, COM_METHOD_GID must be unique.
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (GLOGOWNER.PK_SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY) violated
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Order release, adding involved party contact as well involved party locations in the Involved Party tab
2. Create order movements ( order release > action > Order management > Manage buy order movement > With best itinerary)
3. Select the related order movements and click action > Bulk plan
4. Select the planning parameter set ID; Click OK
5. Once into bulk planning page click REFRESH button until the shipments get created.
6. Against order release created you can view the related shipments once created.
7. Open the created Shipment and navigate to Involved Part tab.
8. The involved party contacts as well as involved party locations get copied from order release post shipment creation.
9. Now use shipment action > Shipment management > Change service provider > Choose least cost OR Select and change service provider.
10. Shipment must be able to rerate with least cost service provider.
11. The shipment does'nt get rerated, it throws error as below:
"insert into shipment_involved_party (shipment_gid,involved_party_qual_gid,involved_party_contact_gid,com_method_gid,override_location_name,override_city,override_province,override_province_code,override_country_code3_gid,override_postal_code,domain_name) values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) at [IRE/TCS/TCSLEGACY.20100721-0003, IRE/TCS.ORDER_TYPE, IRE.OUTBOUND_EUROPE, BY CONTACT, null, null, null, null, null, null, IRE/TCS/TCSLEGACY]
Cannot add the SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY record. [SHIPMENT_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_QUAL_GID, INVOLVED_PARTY_CONTACT_GID, COM_METHOD_GID] must be unique.
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (GLOGOWNER.PK_SHIPMENT_INVOLVED_PARTY) violated"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms