Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Install Base - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that expected configuration is not created in Install Base after the assembly was shipped
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Inventory Responsibility > Create a Finished Goods Item (Install Base Trackable, Enable Contracts coverage) > Assign the item to Master Org, Validation Org (Ex:VORG) and another Inventory Org (ex:IORG). (Serial Controlled at Receipt or SO Issue in Warehouse)
Ex Item - ABCD1234
2. Inventory Responsibility > Create a Bill of Material (BOM) Component (Install Base Trackable, Enable Contracts coverage, No Serial Control at any level) > Assign the item to Master Org, Validation Org (VORG)
Ex Item - X123
3. Inventory Responsibility > Create a Warranty Item > Assign the item to Master Org, Validation Org (VORG) Ex Item - ABCD Warranty
4. Bills of Material > Create Bill in Validation Org (VORG) for Finished Goods Item - ABCD1234. Add components X123 (1 qty) and ABCD Warranty (2 Qty)
5. Perform Misc receipt into Inventory Org (IORG), add the finished goods item in Price List.
6. Set the Profiles as below.
Service: Inventory Validation Org – VORG
OKS: Contracts Validation Source – ‘Sold From Org – Order Management’
7. Place an order for the finished good, Ship the order from Inv Org - IORG and close it.
8. Navigate to Install Base Agent User Responsibility > Search for the instance using the Order Number > Instance is created for ABCD1234
In Contracts page in IB, note that the Service Contract (Category - Warranty...) is created for 2 years based on the duration specified in BOM
In Configuration Tab, X123 is not displayed as the child component of ABCD1234.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms