Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.10 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 20-Jun-2014
Create a service agreement from a sales order, where the price list for that service is for a different currency than the base currency.
When the product is transferred to a new owner, the following problems are observed:
1. The To Currency in the Pricing / Billing tab changes to the default currency. In the original contract, the From, To, and Header currency all have the currency for the sales order.
2. The Salesperson is missing as a Vendor contact.
- The list of values for the salesperson does not include the name of the salesperson that existed in the original contract.
- The Sales Credit entry has no sales person.
3. The contract is not automatically activated because these problems cause QA errors.
- One additional error is a currency conversion rate error, one stating that the conversion date is not entered. This occurs because the To currency is populated with the global currency, not the currency code from the source contract.
4. The Vendor Name for the new contracts (warranty and extended warranty) remain the same, but the authoring_org_id and inv_organization_id in the contract header change to new values, values that cannot be explained.
1. The contracts should be activated without any user intervention.
2. The salesperson should be retained from the original contract.
3. The sales credit information should be retained from the original contract.
Steps to Reproduce:
This is an example, using orgs that are setup in a Vision instance:
1. Set the base currency to be AUD.
2. Set the profile 'OKS: Default Contract Status for Transfers' to 'Active'.
3. Navigate to Order Management -GBP, a responsibility that uses GBP as the standard currency.. Create a sales orders for a product and service.
- Enter the sales credit information and the salesperson in the order.
4. Run Workflow Background Process for OM Order Lines and then Order Capture Integration to create the contracts.
5. Navigate to Launch Contracts and search for the contracts.
- Note that the currency code in the header is GBP.
- Open the Pricing / Billing tab. The From and To Currencies are GBP, from the sales order.
- Review the Vendor contacts. Note that there is an entry for salesperson, with the salesperson that was identified in the contract.
- Select Actions from the toolbar; select Sales Credits. Note that the sales credit information is populated from the sales order.
- Check the Vendor party for the contract. The vendor name is the name of the organization from which the product was shipped (also the value in the profile MO: Operating Unit).
6. Navigate to Oracle Install Base using the Oracle Installed Base User responsibility.
- Make sure that the responsibility has these profile settings:
Service: Inventory Validation Organization = same organization as the Item Validation Organization from the Order Management responsibility from which the product was shipped (System Parameters).
MO: Operating - should be the organization from which the product was ordered.
- Search for the item instance.
- Open the Owners tab and change the owner.
- Open the Contracts link to view the new contract numbers.
7. Return to Service Contracts and open the new contracts.
- Run Check QA without opening the contract for update. These errors occur:
Conversion Information is required for this contract.
A sales credit error can also occur.
8. Check this information in the contract.
- The vendor name in the new contracts are unchanged. It matches the vendor name of the original contract (correct behavior).
- Use Help / Diagnostics / Examine. The authoring_org_id changes to a value that does not match the MO: Operating Unit for the IB responsibility that was used when the product was transferred.
- Use Help / Diagnostics / Examine. The inv_organization_id changes to a value that does not match the Service: Inventory Validation Organization for the IB responsibility that was used when the product was transferred.
- The salesperson is not listed as a vendor contact in the Contacts section of the contract Summary page.
- Select Actions / Sales Credits. The sales credits show the Credit Type and the percentage but the salesperson is missing.
9. Select the lov for the sales person in the Sales Credit form (in the extended warranty that did not automatically activate).
The list does not include the sales person from the original contract (because the authoring org_id is different).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms