Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 09-SEP-2012***
On : ,
We are using the Account Generation Extension workflow to derive the Intercomapny COGS account.
We have developed a custom activty in the "Account" process of the "CST Standard Costing" Workflow.
When attempting to use custom code to generate the COGS account, the errors results
are stored in the Item Attributes(ERR_MSG,ERR_NUM set as -1), but these messages are
not displayed in the Material Transactions Screen.
CMCMCW module: Material cost transaction worker
Transaction group id is
DS Logical Transaction - calling Cost_Acct_Events.
DS Logical Transaction - error in Cost_Acct_Events.
CSTPAVCP.COST_ACCT_EVENTS:(50):CSTPACDP.logical_cost_txn (70): User-Defined Exception:User-Defined Exception
Failed costing at ID =
DS - exit while loop.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
(1) Extend the Workflow "CST Standard Costing" by modifying the process "Account"
(2) Load the modified workflow file to database
(3) Set the Intercompany relations between two operating units, one as Shipping Organization
and other one as Selling Organization.
(4) Create the Sales Order in a Selling Operating Unit and create a line that is shipped from the
Shipping Organization as defined in the Intercompany relations setup.
(5) Book the order
(6) Pick Release & Ship the order
(7) Cost Manager performs the costing of the goods that are shipped.
(8) For deriving the Intercompany COGS for the shipping organization, the Cost Manager
calls the Account Generation Extension Workflow(CST Standard Costing) for the process "Account"
(9) Custom activity to derive the code_combination_id within the "Account" process results in error.
(10) The user defined error messages & error code are initialized in the workflow item attributes
ERR_MSG,ERR_NUM(default to -1)
(11) View the Material Transactions for the corresponding Sales Order, Error Explanation column in the
screen displays the system error(CSTPAVCP.COST_ACCT_EVENTS:(50):CSTPACDP.logical_cost_txn (70):
User-Defined Exception:User-Defined Exception), instead of the user defined error messages.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms