R12: When Update Accounting Options Get Error 'Attribute AutomateSecJrnlRevFlag in GLLedgersAM.GLLedgersVO is required'
Last updated on MAY 30, 2018
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Secondary Ledger has been created. When updating the subledger accounting method for this Secondary Ledger, the following error appears:
This issue may also occur if you have applied these following patches and attempted to change the accounting method for Primary Ledger
patch:9776694:R12.GL.A - 12.0.6
patch:9776694:R12.GL.B - 12.1.1, 12.1.2, 12.1.3
The same error also happens when you try to change the Secondary Ledger Rounding Differences Tracking Account
The issue may be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to General Ledger Super user Responsibility
2. Go to Accounting Setup Manager (ASM).
3. Query the Ledger
4. One Primary Ledger and 2 secondary ledger appears
5. Click on 'Update' for secondary ledger
6. Change the Subledger accounting method to Standard Accrual from Encumbrance Accrual
7. Click on Finish
8. The issue may also occur while attempting to update the number of future periods in ASM
Upgraded to 12.1.3
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms