R12: AP: Quick Match With Decimal Unit Price Causes Quantity Invoiced To Have Too Many Decimal Places Resulting In QUALITY Hold
(Doc ID 1232144.1)
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- AP invoice shows Quantity Invoiced value as decimal number when PO matching using Quick Match option
- Invoice is placed on QUALITY hold with the reason "Quantity billed is more than quantity accepted" when Quick matching invoice to PO that has unit price with more decimals than currency precision.
- Occurs when PO shipment is setup for 4-way match approval with match basis as QUANTITY
- The quantity invoiced at the item lines and distributions is rounded to 15 places.
- If a Fractional Amount is received, when user opens the "Match to Receipts" window the Quantity Invoiced show multiple decimal places.
- If a Fractional Quantity is received, when user opens the "Match to Receipts" window, if the Quantity Received is a decimal quantity, the Quantity Invoiced will show more decimal places.
- Quantity billed exceeds quantity accepted" ( "Quantity billed is more than quantity accepted").
Quantity_Received = 76.9
Quantity_Invoiced = 76.8999999999999
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create and approve a PO.
2. Receive against the PO.
3. Key in an AP invoice (only Header)
4. Click on Quick match.
5. On the AP invoice lines note that the quantity doesnt match the PO quantity and difference is due to rounding.
6. Validate the invoice.
7. The invoice lines are put on quantity billed exceeds quantity received/ordered hold.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document