Eam Work Orders Create Multiple Purchase Requisitions
(Doc ID 1232674.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 version, PUR
When the work order status changes from Released to Hold and back to Released, the quantity required is increased for non-stock items with identical descriptions. This triggers a new purchase requisition for the additional quantities required. This started happening after applying patch 8450105. The issue occurs in both Core Apps and Self Service sides.
Expect Required Quantity to remain unchanged when re-releasing work orders.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login with EAM responsibility
2. Create a WO and an Operation
3. Assign Direct Items - Nonstock items that will auto-generate a requisition
4. Release the WO, this creates a requisition and PO release (as expected)
5. Change the Status of WO to "ON HOLD"
6. Change the status of WO back to RELEASED. This adds additionl Required Quantities for non-stock items with identical descriptions(different item numbers). A second requisition is created for the additional (and phantom) requirements.
7. If it is caught, we cancel the requisition and modify the material requirements back to the original quantities.
The requisition side is working. If there are additional requirements it should generate a new requisition. The problem is the system is incorrectly addidng addional requiremets.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document