Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 version, PUR
When the work order status changes from Released to Hold and back to Released, the quantity required is increased for non-stock items with identical descriptions. This triggers a new purchase requisition for the additional quantities required. This started happening after applying patch 8450105. The issue occurs in both Core Apps and Self Service sides.
Expect Required Quantity to remain unchanged when re-releasing work orders.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login with EAM responsibility
2. Create a WO and an Operation
3. Assign Direct Items - Nonstock items that will auto-generate a requisition
4. Release the WO, this creates a requisition and PO release (as expected)
5. Change the Status of WO to "ON HOLD"
6. Change the status of WO back to RELEASED. This adds additionl Required Quantities for non-stock items with identical descriptions(different item numbers). A second requisition is created for the additional (and phantom) requirements.
7. If it is caught, we cancel the requisition and modify the material requirements back to the original quantities.
The requisition side is working. If there are additional requirements it should generate a new requisition. The problem is the system is incorrectly addidng addional requiremets.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms