Internal Expense Item Shipments Create Incorrect Journals
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Financials - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GMFXUPD - OPM SLA Pre-Processor
On Application Release 12.0.6 and later, postings for internal requisitions and internal sales order transactions for an expense item are found to be incorrect.
For example, you have an Item which is defined as an Inventory Item, but it is not an inventory asset, and is NOT Process Costing Enabled.
Profile Option "INV: Intercompany Invoicing" is set to 'No'
Internal Requisition is created for a quantity of 300, Transfer Price of the Item is 310.
- after the Internal Sales Order has been delivered and the Internal Receipt processed, postings generated by OPM Accounting Pre-Processor are as follows:
1. TXN_SOURCE = OM
- for EVENT_CLASS_CODE = FOB_SHIP_SENDER_SHIP and EVENT_TYPE_CODE = FOB_SHIP_SENDER_SHIP_TP
EXP CR 0
IOR DR 93000
- for EVENT_CLASS_CODE = FOB_SHIP_RECIPIENT_SHIP and EVENT_TYPE_CODE = FOB_SHIP_RECIPIENT_SHIP_TP
ITR DR 0
IOP CR 93000
2. TXN_SOURCE = PUR
- for EVENT_CLASS_CODE = RECEIVE and EVENT_TYPE_CODE = RECEIVE:
AAP CR 93000
ISP DR 93000
3. TRANSACTION_ID = 985715, TXN_SOURCE = PUR
- for EVENT_CLASS_CODE = DELIVER and EVENT_TYPE_CODE = PO_RECEIPT:
ISP CR 93000
EXP DR 93000
You were expecting that the Journals should be:
For Sending Org :-
EXPENSE A/C = CREDIT
INTER ORG RECEIVABLE A/C = DEBIT
For Receiving Org
INTER ORG PAYABLE A/C = CREDIT
EXPENSE A/C = DEBIT
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms