R12/CE: Bank statement Line RECONCILED, STOP Line, UNRECONCILED, Payment VOIDED, RECONCILE STOP LINE, ORIGINAL LINE REMAINS UNRECONCILED
(Doc ID 1241926.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Cash Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.2.5 [Release 11.5 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Bank statement reconciliation issue
You have an issue with reconciling bank statement lines with payments/void payments.
1. You create and pay an invoice
2. You receive bank statement and you reconcile statement line 1 with the payment.
3. Now subsequently you get another statement with bank crediting the amount for the same payment (a receipt). Hence actually bank did not pay the supplier and refunded the amount to the bank account.
4. You then unreconcile the statement 1, void the payment and reconcile statement 2 with voided payment.
5. Statement 1 remains unreconciled in the system. There are many such cases that happens in the system.
Can you please suggest how do we reconcile such statement as they appear in our bank statement report as unreconciled.
You currently only have AP implemented in the system and no AR and use CM for reconciling supplier payments.
Payment Batch Reconciled against the statement line, Now one of the Payment was than VOIDED and Bank Sends a Stopped line.
How this New line will be treated?
And What happens to the Payment BATCH reconciliation?
User Guide do not talk about this other than: “For stopped transactions, the payment must first be stopped or voided in Payable”. This is perfect for the Detailed payments however the case where the Payment is part of a batch is not explained?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|