Repair Job Creation Error 'Adding the selected Materials to the selected Jobs has failed'
(Doc ID 1243534.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem happens ONLY when profile 'CSD: Default Repair Item as Material on Job' is set to YES
When attempting to create a WIP job through High Volume Repairs to execute a repair order, the following errors occur.
Generate Jobs has failed
The issue can be reproduced at will in the following scenario (using values from Vision demo database to clarify the case)
- Set profiles (userlevel):
CSD: Default Repair Item as Material on Job: YES
CSD: Default Repair Inventory Org. = ORG1 (M1)
CSD: Default Material Sub-Inventory = ORG2 (exists in both M1 and M2)
- Create SR
- Create Repair order
- Change profile CSD: Default Repair Inventory Org. = ORG3 - at userlevel
- Login again
- Query the repair order that was created
- On the return line, change the Warehouse to M2, submit and book the order and receive it
- Add a diagnostic code
- Go to Technician Portal and query the RO
- Push 'Generate Jobs' from the diagnostic code -> get the reported errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document