PO Approval Fails with "Note" Cannot Have More Than 480 bytes Error
(Doc ID 1259185.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following error message is received when attempting to approve a Purchase Order (PO):
"Note" cannot have more than 480 bytes. You have entered 583 bytes.
1. Create a new Purchase Order
2. Enter text in the Note section that is greater then 480 bytes in length (more then 480 characters)
3. Submit the PO for approval
4. Note the PO submits without warning or issue
5. Enter the application as the Approver
6. Open the Notification for Approval for the Purchase Order
7. Try to approve the Purchase Order
8. Note the error message presented and inability to approve the PO
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document