Unable to Default Salesrep Based on Order Type
(Doc ID 1260704.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.2 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to default the salesperson of 'No Sales Rep' in the header based on the Order Type ?
1. Setup a defaulting condition template by Order Type (with a group of 10 order types).
2. Setup header salesperson defaulting rules (using the 'order type' as Defaulting Condition of the Order Types) with:
Source Type = constant
Default Source/Value = No Sales Rep
However, this does not work because you do not have a defaulting rule setup for Order Type.
You are not defaulting the Order Type because there are 20 different ones and they have over 1 million customers that would need a default Order Type.
When you enter a new order, neither the salesperson nor Order Type is defaulted in the header.
The user then enters the Order Type and expects to have the Salesperson value 'No Sales Rep' default into the header,
but the Salesperson remains null - and does not default at that time.
(This works if the Order Type defaults into the header > 'No Sales Rep' defaults for Salesperson, but as already mentioned, you do not want to default the Order type.)
Expect when created a new Sales Order that the sales person 'No Sales Credit' be defaulted based on the new validation template for salesperson.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Setup > Rules > Defaulting
3. Defined a new validation template type based on Order type for Salesperson "No Sales Credit"
4. Order Organizer > Sales Order
5. Observe: When Sales order is created, the sales person is not getting defaulted to 'No Sales Credit' but getting defaulted from the Ship To customer based on the seeded rule 'Always'.
6. When ship-to is changed the Sales person is also changed based on seeded rule and the existing sales credits are affected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!