Email Center: From Email Account Can Not be Changed Without Closing Window and Losing Email Text
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Email Center - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.0.6 version, Message Component:
Find that when changing the default account from the Message Preferences page the users have to close the window and re-open it by clicking on the “Outbound Email” button again. For the From account field to be changed to the new value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Service responsibility > Service Requests > Find Service Requests
2. Search for and open any open service request:
3. Click on the “Outbound Email” button to open Email Center to compose a new email:
4. The “From” email account cannot be changed to anything else.
5. Click on “Message Preferences” and see that the user is assigned as an agent to multiple accounts. Change the default account:
6. On Message Preferences page - select account that email is to be sent from
7. Click Update. Click Finished. User is returned to the email. From account has not changed:
8. Close the window and re-open it by clicking on the “Outbound Email” button again. From account has changed to the new default:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms