Repair Order Details Tab:Serial Number Getting Changed If Changed In 3rd Party Related Line
(Doc ID 1262424.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating the Serial Number in the Return from Third Party line, the Serial Number on the Details tab (csd_repairs) also changes.
The expectation is that the serial number in the Details tab will remain as the original Serial Number on which the Repair Order (RO) was created.
1. Create a RO referencing an item serialized at Receipt and IB trackable with Third party related Repair Type.
2. Process the RMA line and receive the customer's item into Inventory.
3. Process the Ship Third Party line and ship the same Serial Number to the third party.
4. Third Party gives another serial number as a replacement. This serial number relates to an IB record with ownership as 'Customer'.
5. Book the return line from third party and populate serial number as in step 4.
6. Process the return line and receive the device back in Inventory
7. Once the receipt is completed, the serial number in the details tab changes (to the serial number as in step 4).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document