11i: Quoting ignores Line level warehouse (ship_from_org_id) and always takes from "ASO: Default Ship from Org" during tax calculation
(Doc ID 1263194.1)
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Quoting - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Test: 220.127.116.11 version, FORMS User Interface
Quoting tax calculation ignores warehouse entered on the quote line and looks only profile "ASO: Default Ship from Org".
There is a tax rule/condition setup in AR so that tax code was determined based on combination of ship-from country and ship-to country.
Ship-from country was calculated based on the warehouse (ship from org) passed from quoting to tax engine.
Expect quoting form to pass warehouse from quote line instead of from profile
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a tax rule in AR as a combination of (for example):
Condition 1 - If ship from country = DE and ship to country = UK then apply DE tax code
Condition 2 - If ship from country = UK and ship to country = UK then apply UK tax code
2. Set ASO: Default Ship From Org to DE (Germany) based
3. Create a Quote and add a line
4. See quote calculates tax based on condition 1
5. Now, enter warehouse info on the quote line and save
6. No, change in the tax code, tax code remains same, expecting tax code from condition 2.
The issue has the following business impact:
Unable to implement new Tax rules for Quoting, works fine in OM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document