Install Base records are not Expired when more than one product is returned
(Doc ID 1266348.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading from 11.5.9 to 12.1.1 there is an issue with RMA Receipt transactions.
When products are returned by the customer, corresponding install base records are not terminated or expired automatically. Because of this the corresponding contract lines are not being terminated. Out of three lines returned only one record (First one received) gets expired.
Expect all serial numbers that are returned to be expired.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a sales order with serialized servicable products(Qty 5) and ship them. Associate service lines to these on the sales order also.
- Close the sales order. Install Base records and contracts get created successfully.
- For the same cusotmer create an RMA for the same item with qty as 3.
- Receive the products and enter the serial numbers on the receiving form.
- In Install Base only one serial number from the three (the first one entered on the form) is expired and the rest remains the same in CREATED status.
- Contract line gets terminated only for the serial that got expired.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document