12.0 Generate Shift Tasks Error: 'Failed to create trips for the resource'
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.0.6 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:CSFVGST - Generate Shift Tasks
Checked for currency 04-JUL-2015
When using the 12.0.6 version of the applications, and attempting to run the 'Generate Shift Tasks' concurrent program it completes with warnings.
Failed to create trips for the resource between [From_date] and [To_date] as there are Shift Tasks existing in that interval not assigned to any trip. Please use Upgrade Trips option to migrate to Trips Model.
Not all the trips were processed successfully with the given action Replace for the resource [Resource Name] between [From_date] and [To_date] . (Success = 0; Failed = 1)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Connect using the 'Field Service Manager' responsibility.
2. Define shifts covering the required hours per day.
3. Assign this shift pattern to the default calendar.
4. Assign resources to the default calendar.
5. Run the concurrent program: Generate Shift Tasks.
The program completes with warnings
6. Attempt to address the warnings by running the process in Replace mode, but it fails for some of the resources.
7. Run it in UPDATE mode, and still it fails for the same resources.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms