Olm Cannot Play Scorm Type Of Online Learning Object
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 version :
Problem 1 :
SCORM type of learning object has been imported successfully to OLM via Import functionality to Content Server.
Offering and Class has been created and learner has enrolled successfully.
When learner pushes 'Play' button for class it opens normally Player -window.
After this user gets error message stating "Error initializing communications with LMS", after this HTTP 404 page is thrown.
"Error initializing communications with LMS",
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. learner pushes 'Play' button for class
2. opens normally Player -window
3. After this user gets error message
Problem 2 :
the users tested with different pc variations and customers own SCORM course:
- IE 6 + java 1.5 ’white screen’ problem occurs
- IE 6 + java 1.6 ’’white screen’ problem occurs
- IE 7 + java 1.6 problem does not occur
- IE 7 + java 1.5 problem does not occur (also IE 8 works)
- When launched directly from web browser in all above combinations, the SCORM course started normally.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms