Customer Contact From Sales Order Is Not Created As Contact In Service Contract
(Doc ID 1267564.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a Sales Order header, the 'Customer Contact' field is populated with a contact name. The order has a an item with a warranty on it and/or there is a service line on it so that a Service Contract is created when the order is fulfilled. However, when the Service Contract is created, there is no Bill To contact created for the customer party neither at header nor line level.
Expect that the contact from the order header will flow to the service contract created from the order to create a billing contact on the contract header and line levels.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a sales order and populate the Customer Contact field with a valid contact name.
Complete all the required header fields.
2. Add an inventory item line and add a Service line referencing the inventory item.
3. Ship the order and progress through to close.
4. Run Service Contracts Order Capture Integration concurrent request.
- review the contract created from the order and will see that there are no contacts for the customer party.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document